Senior Meeting Planner
Senior Meeting Planner
EDJ Associates, Inc. is a woman-owned 8(a) management consulting and technical services firm based in Herndon, Virginia. Founded in 1999, EDJ has established a solid track record of success in the planning, design, and implementation of a wide range of projects in the areas of event planning, peer review support, and information management. Our clients include Federal agencies, state and local units of government, private companies, and nonprofit organizations.
The Senior Meeting Planner is responsible for the management and timely execution of contract deliverables for the planning of all meetings associated with our contracts. Contract deliverables include budget development, weekly and monthly reports, financial tracking and status reviews. This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
Typical Duties /Responsibilities
- Provides full-cycle management of client meetings of various sizes and complexity.
- Negotiates hotel and vendor contracts; develops and manages overall conference budget relative to event costs to ensure meetings are completed within budget parameters.
- Manages financial review and reconciliation; develops, maintains and shares team management plan for pre-onsite and post-planning activities.
- Interfaces with client and project team members to produce quality materials and complete timely project/conference-related deliverables within client requirements.
- Develops multiple operating budgets for meeting projects and meeting preparation.
- Travels up to 25% of the time outside of the tri-state metropolitan area.
- Manages shipping/delivery and set up of Exhibit Booth.
- Serves as onsite representative for client exhibitions
- Conducts hotel site visits with project team and client.
- Manages the development and maintenance of event databases and solicits appropriate vendor quotes to determine selection based on cost analysis and manages vendor agreement(s).
- Prepares and submits vendor invoices for approval in a timely manner; reviews and reconciles client invoices.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:?
- College degree required or minimum of eight (8) years equivalent work experience. Advanced degree may be substituted for two (2) years experience.
- Minimum of four plus (4+) years experience in planning government meetings;
- Certified Meeting Planner Certification (CMP) desired. Other certifications in Meetings/Events Planning are a plus.
- Proficient with or skilled in the use of the Microsoft 2016 Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience using SharePoint and Cvent for meeting planning is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with overseeing and managing procedures and staff for a 500+ attendee conference or meetings is required.
- Certifications in Meetings/Events Planning are a plus.
- Detail oriented with a high level of organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent people skills in dealing with clients, vendors, and internal staff
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight and diverse timelines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a dedicated team
- Ability to be flexible and work on projects outside written job description.
EDJ Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer