Certified Medical Assistant- Back Office
Summary: Serves patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts.
Registered MA, Certified MA or current LPN, or graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assisting
Must have or be able to obtain CPR certification within 6 months.
Experience: Prior experience using computer software, preferably electronic medical records. Prior customer service experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist providers adequately and accurately with exams and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry out and complete providers orders.
- Conscientious of work area to include keeping exam rooms and equipment cleaned, stocked, and in working condition.
- Accurately administers medication and injections per provider orders
- Accurately documents necessary information in Electronic Medical Record System
- Operate office equipment according to manufacturer guidelines to include but not limited to: EKG, autoclave, pulmonaide/nebulizer, blood pressure cuff
- Prepares patient and exam room appropriately for exams, procedures, etc. making sure appropriate supplies are stocked
- Ensure smooth patient flow throughout the office by assisting in other areas when needed or as requested
- Documents and reports lab results on appropriate forms and in a timely manner
- Drawing blood, labeling specimens and completing orders in adherence with the guidelines of our accrediting body
- Adheres to infection control guidelines
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines
- Communicates effectively with patients in person and by telephone at his/her level of understanding
- Prepare forms and patient paperwork for provider review and signature
- Promotes positive public relations to patients, visitors, families, providers, and others
- Physical appearance and conduct is consistent with acceptable professional ethics and CPC standards
- Answers telephone by identifying person answering and assisting callers in a pleasant manner
- Screening, prioritizing, and returning patient calls according to office procedure
- Communicates effectively with patients and persons by telephone and give great attention to detail following those phone calls
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes and making suggestions for improvement
- Ensure proper documentation.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records
- Ability to type
- Ability to identify emergent medical situations
- Demonstrate positive customer service skills
- Ability to function in a fast paced work environment, multi-tasking
- Attention to detail
Equipment Operated: Will use basic office equipment such as a computer, printer, copier, and fax machine. Will also use medical equipment such as EKG, autoclave, pulmonaide/nebulizer, blood pressure cuff, etc.
Work Environment: Well lit medical office environment
Must be able to lift at least 10 lbs.
Sitting 15% of the time
Standing/walking 85% of the time