Big Cedar Lodge Bell Staff
Maintains safe and secure environment for Guests and employees by patrolling and monitoring the Buffalo Ridge Cottage area, welcoming all guests to the hotel and assisting with luggage, transportation and guests' requests. Assisting Guests with their luggage and transportation needs. Must ensure that guests have a pleasant stay as the Bellman is the main contact for the cottages. Is the acting supervisor while on duty and performs all tasks needed to insure a relaxing and enjoyable experience for all guests.
- Inform guests and visitors about the hotel's facilities and services
- Open the front door and welcome the guests upon arrival
- Driving shuttles
- Transport departing/arriving guest's luggage from the room to the lobby/lobby to the room
- Assists with removal of debris from walkways including snow
- Keep the bell stand and front desk areas clean and organized
- Controls traffic by directing drivers, and resolves parking issues with guests
- Respond to emergencies and requests for service
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the accommodations, rates, packages and booking procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance and general repairs on public spaces, guest accommodations and facilities that impact guests immediate needs
- Assists guests with room swaps including the safe transport of luggage if needed
- Will perform other duties as required
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Degree: N/A
Certificate(s) or License(s): Class E Driver's License
Experience: 1+ year experience as Bellman or related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules that apply to job (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA, ASI).
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
Problem Solving / Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.