Women's Health Nurse Practitioner -OB/GYN ($1500 Sign-On Bonus)
Swope Health seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Women's Health Nurse Practitioner and/or Nurse Midwife to float between Missouri and Kansas Ob/Gyn clinics. Professional candidate provides advanced professional nursing services in independent, interdependent, and dependent roles with designated physicians. The nurse in the expanded role must be prepared and competent to apply additional knowledge and skills. She/he must be ready and willing to accept responsibility and accountability for the same. In accordance with statutory requirements, Swope Health will provide a collaborative practice agreement for physician supervision.
1. Obtain a health, psychosocial and obstetric/gynecologic; history and record findings in a systematic, accurate, legible and succinct form.
2. Perform a physical examination with specific emphasis on evaluation of the breasts, abdomen and pelvis (including speculum), bimanual, and rectal examinations.
3. Order/perform and interpret routine laboratory tests.
4. Develop a health promotion and maintenance plan, including disease prevention, health education and counseling.
5. Provide periodic health supervision of normal, non-pregnant and asymptomatic female adolescents and adults.
6. Provide clinical management of women having minor gynecologic illnesses.
7. Provide assessment, education and management for family planning.
8. Provide ambulatory prenatal care for women with uncomplicated pregnancies with attention to both maternal and fetal health.
9. Provide general health education and counseling, with emphasis on physical and psychosocial dimensions of nutrition, adolescence, sexuality, childbearing parenting, climacteric and family life.
10. Provide care for selected complicated patients as directed and supervised by department physician(s).
11. Arrange referrals as needed to other members of the health care team in accordance with Swope Health policies/procedures and/or third party payers.
12. Performs minor procedures such as IUD and Implanon insertion/removal.
13. Attends and participates in professional staff and committee meetings.
14. Documents complete findings in EMR (Electronic Medical Record) in a timely fashion and completes/locks notes within the specified amount of time.
15. Participates in on-call after-hours rotation with other providers.
16. Consistently achieves productivity goals by seeing a combination of scheduled and unscheduled patients.
17. Submits the specified amount of pt. records to collaborating physician for review.
18. Coordinate/collaborate with other Swope Health Depts. prn.
19. Coordinate/collaborate with Swope Health Services departments and community service organizations as required by funders, Swope Health Services and supervisors.
20. Demonstrate compliance with continuing education requirements for licensure/certification in a timely manner.
21. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times including maintaining computer security.
22. Complete all trainings required by Swope Health in a timely fashion.
23. Be available to work clinic hours as assigned by SHS including some evenings and occasionally Saturday clinics
24. Conforms to the attendance policy.
25. Provide care for both scheduled and unscheduled patients.
26. Will operate as a team player, realizing and respecting each team member's role/importance in providing positive treatment outcomes.
27. Must complete Patient Safety Training curriculum.
28. Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
1. Registered Nurse in the State of Missouri and State of Kansas.
2. Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree.
3. Completion of recognized Nurse Practitioner program in a university setting.
4. NCC certification as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner required.
5. Master of Science in Nursing Degree (specialized in Women's Healthcare required).
6. Able to work with a diverse population.
7. Must be a team player
8. 3-5 years of Labor and Delivery experience preferred
9. CPR/BLS certification.
10.Licensed in Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP)