Campground Operations Coordinator
Are you an inspiring and collaborative leader with expertise and education in the fields of outdoor recreation and Hospitality Management? Are you highly skilled to motivate and work with others to create unforgettable memories for guests at Big Cedar Lodge? Do you have a passion for customer service in a rustic setting and for creating and managing recreation opportunities that connect people to the natural beauty of the Ozarks? If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team!
The Big Cedar Lodge Mission is – To be the Wilderness Resort of choice for guests who expect genuine hospitality, outstanding service, and relaxing experience surrounded by nature & rustic elegance.
To see what it's like to be part of BCL's respectful, inclusive, and professional team,
We have (1) one permanent, full-time, Campground Operations Coordinator position available at the Camp Long Creek location of Big Cedar Lodge. For specific questions regarding this position please contact Monica Griffin, Recruiting Manager, at 417-339-5172.
What You Will Do
You will support the maintenance, enhancement and operations of the developed and dispersed hospitality infrastructure across the Camp Long Creek Operation. For 6 months of the year you may also assist in the operation of the successful Bass Pro Shops Long Creek Marina. Year round you will coordinate and assist all facets of the Camp Long Creek Operation, and serve as the primary point of contact for all guests and front of house operations team.
Because the Department's highest priority of work is guest satisfaction, this position requires an individual who can multi-task, collaborate, and assist in multiple departments. These different departments may include: Front Desk, Engineering, Housekeeping, Security, Marina, & Operations.
What We Are Looking For
- Two years of experience in customer service or a related field
- An individual that can adhere to company operations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in outdoor recreation management, hospitality management, or similar field preferred
- One to three years of related outdoor recreation experience which includes assisting with a) implementation of recreation operations and maintenance, b) volunteer program and project coordination, c) public engagement; OR one year of experience in outdoor recreation management and operations of recreation facilities and trails.
Candidates who are the most competitive will also reflect the following:
- Strong background and experience in Recreation management and operations and maintenance of recreation facilities such as campgrounds, picnic areas, etc.
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to provide exceptional customer service in a variety of settings.
- Strong team member with the ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead by example, train, and work independently without constant direction
- Motivated individual with the ability to set goals and to prioritize, organize and accomplish tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to evaluate situations, apply rules and guidelines, and achieve desired outcomes in the operation and guest issues.
- Excellent computer skill and the ability to work effectively with a variety programs for Front of House Operations
- Ability to perform in high stress, fast paced emergency situations.
How to Apply
- Click on the "Careers" button of the Big Cedar Lodge main website.
- Answer all the supplemental questions. Answers to the questions must be clearly reflected in your work history.