Security Officer - Outpatient
Hope – Empowerment – Purpose
Make a difference!
Cobb County Community Services Board offers a generous benefits package for full time employees, which includes employee Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO); Health, Dental, Vision, Legal, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness (AFLAC), Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account.
JOB TITLE: Security Officer
PROGRAM: Outpatient Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Security Officer is responsible for performing a variety of safety and security functions related to the safeguarding of our employees, visitors and property.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously monitor environment for hazards and safety conditions.
- Intervene, stabilize and manage acute crisis situations as needed.
- Document report of activities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Monitor hallways to control traffic and unauthorized movement.
- Scan identification cards to ensure authorized persons entering building premises.
- Maintain organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Patrol and monitor hallways, stairwells, restroom facilities, outside facilities, and other public and unsupervised places of the individuals and staff and the security of the facility.
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or individual rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat at the sites.
- Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings.
- Observes conduct and behavior of individuals to prevent disturbances.
- Inspect locks, window bars, grills, doors, and gates for tampering
- Knowledge of necessary appropriate interpersonal boundaries for working with vulnerable populations.
- Familiarity with addictive diseases and/or mental health disorders and their impact on an individual's functioning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail.
- Conduct all professional activity in an ethical manner.
- Conform to all applicable Agency policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with other staff assist in identifying and eliminating any situation which puts at risk the health and/or safety of clients, staff, or others who come in contact with site operations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Working in a climate controlled environment
- Dealing with interruptions and changes in work priorities
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Occasional lifting up to 15 lbs.
- Education – High school Diploma/GED
- Licensure/Certification – N/A
- Experience – Two years (2) of experience in security or law enforcement
- Other - Criminal background check clearance, official academic transcripts, valid driver's license/ID, drug screen, TB test
- Two (2) years of experience working in a psychiatric inpatient/outpatient and/or hospital setting.