Resettlement Housing Coordinator
The International Institute of St. Louis is hiring immediately a full time resettlement housing coordinator. Resettlement housing coordinator works with available landlords, property manager, leasing companies to secure housing for newly arrived refugees.
- Identify and obtain available rental properties in the St. Louis area
- Collaborate with landlords and/or property managers to maintain a listing of availability
- Conduct Home Safety and verify housing meets occupancy codes
- Follow up with any identified housing issues
- Work within a diverse team, confirming airport and apartment arrangements
- Participate in agency and department meetings and trainings
- Keep supervisor informed of daily activities
- Report any concerns to supervisor and/or appropriate staff
- Maintain confidentiality of all client information, including address information
- Comply with Equal Housing guidelines
- Assist with housing set-ups and other needs as time allows
- Some evening and weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of St. Louis neighborhoods
- Proficiency in using web-based client database programs and Microsoft office programs
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with excellent time management skills.
- Manage multiple tasks at once
- Able to make sound, quick decisions and respond to situations throughout day and evening hours
- Work well with limited supervision and under stressful conditions
- Must have a car and valid driver's license with proof of insurance
- Willing to obtain a MO chauffeurs license.
Candidates of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
Full-time salaried position with benefits. EEO/AA