Licensed Practical Nurse
Hope – Empowerment – Purpose
Make a difference!
Cobb County Community Services Board offers a generous benefits package for full time employees, which includes employee Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO); Health, Dental, Vision, Legal, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness (AFLAC), Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account.
+Shift Differential for Nights & Weekends
+$1500 Sign-on Bonus for Full-time LPNs
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
PROGRAM: Crisis Service Center/Temporary Observation Unit
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: As Assigned
REPORTS TO: RN Clinical Leader/Staff RN/CSU Manager/BHCC Director
SUMMARY: LPNs will provide care to individuals and have direct contact on a daily basis. LPNs are an instrumental part of the care team. LPNs are assigned responsibilities such as medication administration, leading groups, and other tasks that fall under the LPN Nurse Practice Act and agency policy. LPNs at the BHCC may work on any of the 3 areas of the BHCC to include the Crisis Services Center, Temporary Observation or the Crisis Stabilization Unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 100%
- Manage the medication room (i.e. carts, Pyxis etc.)
- Perform chart checks each shift and document all medication errors according to agency policy and notify the Charge/Lead Nurse, APRN and CSU Manager
- Complete seclusion and restrain packets when applicable
- Administer emergency medication and document accordingly in chart
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations that may involve physical intervention including the use of seclusion/restraint
- Change all sharps containers as needed
- Assist with admission/discharges
- Review/Update BHL Board daily
- Maintain narcotic count sheets are accurate
- Administer PPD to new admits, read results and document in carelogic
- Complete daily charting for LPN (i.e. Progress note, CIWA, COWS)
- Administer prescribed medications and document appropriately/accurately on MAR
- Answer clients calls and determine how to assist them
- Measure and records clients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and pain.
- Update daily logs on the unit (i.e. refrigerator temps, water temps, glucometer logs)
- Observe individuals, charting and reporting any changes in condition, such as adverse reaction to medication or treatment, and taking necessary action and report any concerns to the Charge/Lead RN, CSU Program Manager and APRN
- Maintains stock of supplies
- Provides education to individuals and family
- Ensure and provide high quality compassionate and ethical services while improving program and organizational performance 100% of the time.
- Assist with service related compliance.
- Intervene, stabilize and manage acute crisis situations as needed.
- Consult with other BHCC staff regarding individual's treatment.
- Assist in training co-staff in areas relating to service specialties as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality for all indirect/direct service in accordance with agency policies and HIPAA policies.
- Demonstrates competency for Blood Glucose Monitoring, Alcohol Breathalyzer, Urine Drug Screen, Pregnancy Test, and PPD skin tests
- Monitors and documents all ordered labs, screenings, and results such as PPD, Blood Glucose, UA, RPR, Blood Chem, and CBC
- Perform safe phlebotomy practices when collecting blood
- Attend case staffing/treatment team meetings as directed by RN Clinical Leader/RN/CSU Manager/BHCC Director if needed
- Accurately transcribe all verbal and written orders by the APRN/MD
- Other responsibilities and tasks as may be assigned.
- Knowledge of necessary appropriate therapeutic boundaries for working with vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge of addictive diseases and/or mental health disorders and the impact on an individual's functioning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail.
- Familiar with computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail, fax, and scanning.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to remain professional when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail when completing multiple assignments.
- Ability to work independently and carry out a variety of critical and time sensitive projects without detailed instructions.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals to collect the necessary information.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information obtained through the course of completing assignments.
- Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions, which may impact pre-established timelines and courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with management, staff, and internal and external stakeholders.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs):
- Maintain Agency performance expectations 100% of the time.
- Complete and provide quality, collaborative service documentation 100% of the time by end of shift/same day.
- Nursing Assessment tools used accurately based on level of care 100% of the time.
- 99% accuracy on entering information in ECR.
- 100% of require trainings will be completed within specified time frames.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Working in a climate controlled environment
- Dealing with interruptions and changes in work priorities
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting up to 15lbs
A. Education – Diploma/Vocational Diploma in Practical or Vocational Nursing
B. Licensure/Certification – Georgia Licensure for Licensed Practical Nurse
C. Experience – Knowledge of assessing, plan for, and provide basic nursing skills
D. Other - Criminal background check clearance, official academic transcripts, valid driver's license/ID drug screen, TB test
A. Experience – Two-years (2) in behavioral health facility with knowledge of assessing, planning, and providing basic nursing skills.