Access Specialist (Outpatient Services)
Hope – Empowerment – Purpose
Make a difference!
Cobb County Community Services Board offers a generous benefits package for full time employees, which includes employee Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO); Health, Dental, Vision, Legal, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness (AFLAC), Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account.
JOB TITLE: Access Specialist
PROGRAM: Outpatient Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the registration of mental health and substance abuse patients, and admissions. Incumbent must be able to quickly incorporate various insurance and policy variances. This position is responsible for registering patients to ensure all necessary demographic information as well as all insurance information has been confirmed as accurate, and that all necessary insurance pre - authorizations and pre - certifications have been acquired. This position is also responsible for collecting up-front money due to hospital from patient.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register/check-in patients.
- Answer phones professionally using established protocols.
- Assist and respond to client and staff needs.
- Optimize operations by closely monitoring patient scheduling to ensure productivity.
- Monitor daily schedules and activities, making adjustments and reporting needed changes or issues.
- Implement process improvement.
- Work with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Respond to client, staff, and third party inquires in person or by phone.
- Monitor and backfill all outpatient staff schedules as needed.
- Maintain integrity in the collection of payment
- Maintain confidentiality for all indirect/direct service in accordance with agency policies and HIPPA policies.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- All new hires will be trained and competency expectations will be met within first 30 days and ongoing.
- 100% of all new hires will receive bi-weekly supervision for the first 90 days.
- 100% Pre-Audit Reports will be done daily with every client that presented for service.
- All Financial Applications will be updated yearly at the time of service 100% of the time.
- 99% accuracy on entering information in EMR.
- Customer service rating of good or excellent 99% of time.
- 100% of require trainings through Relias Learning will be completed within specified time frames
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles
- Education – High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience - Minimum one-year (1) clerical experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Type 30+WPM.
- Other - Criminal background check clearance, official academic transcripts, valid driver's license/ID drug screen, TB test
- Education – Bachelor's Degree
- Experience – Minimum one-year (2) clerical experience. Preferably in medical office environment using mental term and procedure. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Type 45+WPM.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)