Logistics Loading Crewmember
Starting Rate is $16.50 per hour + shift premium + excellent benefits
Who we are and what we value:
ECMD partners with big-box retail and pro lumber yards customers nationwide to provide a world-class supply chain to builders, remodelers, finish carpenters, and consumers with the materials needed to complete simple projects to dream houses. By leveraging technology and the team's passion for its customers, ECMD has built a strategic integrated portfolio of 5 operating divisions: EastCoast Mouldings, Klumb Forest Products, Crown Heritage Stairs, ECMD Distribution, and Arndt & Herman Building Products.
Founded by innovative entrepreneurs who created the modern building materials global supply chain, their passion and integrity remain the fabric of our culture. With a mission to improve the lives of our employees; the ECMD culture is rooted in small-town, rural, southern values…we keep it real, honest, down to earth and authentic.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Loading Crewmember is responsible for various jobs and tasks that are associated with the safe and efficient loading of product sales and transfer orders onto trucks via the operation of a forklift or other materials handling equipment.
- Follow all processes and procedures involving load placement, weight distribution, and the strapping and securing of loads on trucks and trailers to ensure that damage to the products does not occur during these processes.
- Possess basic computer skills and the ability to proficiently perform routine tasks on a desktop and/or handheld computer.
- Climbing is required, the crewmember must often climb up/onto/into a truck or trailer in order to check or secure a load.
- Lift and carry loads up to 75 pounds occasionally. Request help for loads over 75 pounds.
- Continuously lift and manipulate parts from 5 to 50 pounds.
- Bend, squat, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, and reach above shoulder level and push/pull material.
- Post offer physical and drug screen required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting Pay: $16.50 per hour + $2 per hour shift premium
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Other benefits include access to medical, dental, vision, life and disability starting after 90 days