The Quality Engineer assists the Quality Manager in providing leadership for the Quality Engineering and Inspection functions. The Quality Engineer works closely with Operations, Engineering, Sales and Program Management to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend/implement solutions that improve product quality. This includes maintaining metrics and indicators to identify trends that adversely affect product quality and business performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and assure compliance with AS9100 and ISO9001 standards.
- Develop and implement quality control systems.
- Sustain/develop metrics to monitor and analyze internal and external quality performance.
- Collaborate with Operations for new product introduction and program launches to ensure customer requirements are met, processes are validated, and inspection plans are developed.
- Facilitate customer/RMA returns.
- Work with the Quality Manager to facilitate Root Cause & Corrective Action initiatives using the CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) system to track and address customer non-conformance issues.
- Verify effectiveness of problem resolution by monitoring production performance after corrective action implementation.
- Interface and work with customers on quality-related matters.
- Help drive a “root-cause” company culture with respect to problem solving.
- Work with the TMS Quality Department to develop, implement, and maintain procedures in compliance with industry standards.
- Develop methodology to identify and help implement process improvements.
- Help facilitate training systems to ensure proper workforce development and competence.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- 2 years of experience in a Quality role, strongly preferred
- Experience utilizing Quality tools including: FMEA, Fishbone, 5 Why, 8D, Value Stream Map, Process Flow, etc.
- Working knowledge of AS9100, OHSAS 18001 and IPC requirements
- Excellent problem-solving, statistical and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Aerospace industries, a plus
- Experience in First Article Inspections, a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran