Customer Service (Compliance Department) - 4 Nights On/4 Off 7pm-7am, Byron Center, MI
Martin Transportation Systems is seeking two Customer Service Employees for our Compliance Department located in our Byron Center, Michigan. These positions will be responsible for assisting in the monitoring of our company driver compliance activities, which includes auditing driver eLogs, helping drivers manage hours of service logging issues, assist in the tracking of driver performance bonus statistics. Candidates need to possess excellent communications and computer skills (Microsoft Office), be multi-task oriented, and enjoy a fast-paced work environment. This is a full-time position, 4 nights on/4 nights off rotating schedule. Hours: 7:00 pm - 7:00 am. Training will be done on 1st shift before being moved to the off shift.
- Audit drivers' electronic logs for compliance to HOS regulations and company policy
- Maintain electronic documentation of audit findings
- Assist drivers and dispatchers with hours of service compliance, eLog issues, and other areas of monitoring
- Perform audits including Speed Gauge, DVIR compliance, roadside inspections and fuel mileage
- Perform research as directed
- Assign unidentified driver movements to appropriate drivers
- Ability to understand and interpret FMCSA regulations in accordance with hours of service regulations
- Act as a team player within the Compliance Department and with other departments to ensure that Compliance Work Plan is implemented
- Actively participate in safety initiatives and risk mitigating measures where appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of geography and have the ability to understand transportation routing
- Experience in trucking environment beneficial, including knowledge of electronic logs, hours of service rules, etc.
- Skilled in phone etiquette and customer service
- Strong analytical skills
We are willing to train the right person that has exceptional customer service skills!
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K with 25% company match, and company paid life insurance.
**** As part of our hiring process we ask that all applicants complete an employment application in addition to submitting a resume.