Quality Systems Specialist
Quality Systems Specialist
Peace River Citrus Products, Inc.
Bartow- Clower Florida 33830
SUMMARY: The position ensures all Regulatory, Food Safety and Quality programs meet customer, consumer, and regulatory requirements for the company’s beverage base blending/packaging facility located in Bartow, FL. Reporting to the Quality & Food Safety Manager and Quality Systems Manager, the position maintains that product, packaging and process norms are clearly defined and utilized to provide compliance to quality and food safety standards in the manufacturing of finished product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes integrated Quality Management System (QMS) processes and ensures the Quality and Food Safety programs/policies are maintained and modified regularly.
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality and food safety systems, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established internal and external standards and guidelines.
- Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and internal regulations to assure compliance.
- Engages Operations and Facilities teams to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet regulations.
- Leads audit/inspection preparation, correction action effectiveness and follow up for resolution of audit/inspection findings; liaises with auditing groups and inspectors through all stages of the audits (FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, Kosher, National Organic Program, etc.)
- Prepares reports and/or necessary documentation (e.g., Corrective and Preventative Actions, internal audit reports, trends, etc.) and provides to applicable internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to FDA’s code of federal regulations CFRs such as 21 CFR par part 120, part 117, etc. across network.
- Coordinates legal requests in support of government investigations or litigations.
- Facilitates uniform standards for the site and enables best practice sharing, thereby fostering the achievement of company's mission.
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews
- Oversees the management, facilitation, and training of quality and food safety data/documentation software system.
- Partners with site teams to provide/assist in the implementation of quality-related continuous improvement opportunities.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers to understand their requirements and address requests/issues in a timely fashion
- Champion Food Safety Regulation Compliance, Program Management, and Non-Conformance Management
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Independent and privately-owned, Peace River Citrus Products, Inc. (PRCP) is a vertically-integrated grower partner, fruit processor, beverage base manufacturer/packager, and solutions provider of citrus-derived products and services. Committed to producing the highest quality citrus products and delivering value to customers, PRCP supplies juices and associated ingredients to food/beverage/chemical industries that include global and regional brands as well as private label producers.
- B.S. degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or similar biological sciences.
- 5+ years related experience in a regulatory and/or quality function; experience in food/beverage manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality System Requirements (FSSC 22000, ISO 9001 or equivalent).
- Exposure to National Organic Program Standards.
- Evidence of training for HACCP, PCQI, internal auditing, etc.
- Thorough understanding of Juice HACCP, GMPs, SSOPs and government/industry food safety and quality regulations, codes, and standards.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Comfortable and capable seeing the big picture; able to think conceptually and strategically, yet deliver measurable results as a “hands-on” contributor.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage programs independently, with the support of the senior manager
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within environment of constantly changing priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, Access and Word applications.
Peace River Citrus Products offers employees a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes; Medical/Dental, Life, LTD, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Profit Sharing, and 401k with match.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace