HOURS OF SERVICE AUDITOR
Audit driver’s logs for accuracy, ensuring they are competed correctly. Verifying the logs meet both company and FMCSA guidelines. Coaching and giving guidance to drivers on proper procedures, log corrections, general use of electronic logging device.
- Audit driver logs for completeness and accuracy ensuring hours of service regulations issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration are met
- Follow company guidelines to coach drivers on proper procedures, log corrections, and general use of electronic logging device
- Professionally communicate with drivers about any inaccuracies of logged entries and walk them through steps to make corrections
- Field driver phone calls and answer questions related to hours of service and electronic logging device use
- Performs other duties, tasks, or responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in trucking industry is preferred
- Previous customs compliance experience is preferred
- Solid organization skills. Able to multitask and effectively get work done
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer and internet skills
- Must be a team player, amenable to a variety of work projects
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Warren Transport is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.