POSITION SUMMARY: This position performs a variety of tasks in the administrative support of various recreational and sports activities including setting up for program activities and functions, serving as an on-site leader, maintaining facilities and equipment, performing clerical work and other duties related to Parks and Recreation programs. This position works under the direct supervision of the Recreation Manager.
CLOSING DATE: August 4, 2021
WORK HOURS: Shifts may vary, depending on business need
BENEFITS: Please click on this link for benefits information.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Please click on this link for the full job description.
MINIMUM REQUIRED JOB EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- A High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- One year of directly related community recreation experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the required knowledge is required.
- An associate degree from an institution of higher learning accredited by the U.S. Department of Education through one of its regional accredited agencies is preferred; primary focus of education must be in Recreation, Sports Management or a closely related field.
- C.P.R, First Aid, and A.E.D certificates are preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must arrive at work on time and maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance.
- Must have possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license and insurable under the City's automobile coverage when operating a City vehicle.
- Must be highly engaged in the department's goals and be able to work cooperatively with the Recreation Manager in achieving those goals.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must properly follow all provisions of the City of Branson and the Parks & Recreation Department policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and drug and alcohol screenings.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred but not required