Support Service Specialist (Clinical Trials)
Cancer Trials Support Unit (CTSU) Helpdesk: Support Service Specialist
We are recruiting for the position of Support Service Specialist (Research Assistant). This position will be based in Rockville, Maryland.
The CTSU Support Service Specialist is a helpdesk position. Which includes support to CTSU customers at clinical research facilities and other stakeholder organizations by providing informational support.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Responding to phone calls and e-mail communications regarding CTSU operational needs.
- Responding to inquiries from clinical site, administrative organizations, NCI staff, and NCI contractor staff.
- Escalating inquiries as necessary to other resources (both internal and external) and ensuring that the client receives timely and correct resolutions to their inquiry.
- Tracking and monitoring response to inquiries and problems.
- Developing support procedures for specific support activities and projects.
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with application programs used on CTSU project.
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with CTSU business rules and operational procedures.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES include: Working with the roster membership department to ensure all helpdesk functions are performed in timely manner. Being able to enter and tack inquires in a trouble ticket system.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate will have a BS/BA in a Health Science field. In addition, candidates should have strong attention to detail, the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and should be self-motivated.
Must be able to work from 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Data entry experience desired
Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
Proficient with the use of office equipment and computers
Extensive experience with Microsoft Outlook
Willingness to work as part of a team and with a diverse group of people is essential. Strong team building and people skills and ability to work under pressure with limited guidance are critical. Other related duties and tasks as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer