Title: Personal Trainer
Department: Fitness Center
Status: Part-Time, Hourly/DOE, Weekdays (occasional weekend shift)
Supervisor: Fitness Center Director
Under the supervision of the Director, the Personal Trainer will mentor and provide personal evaluations to members on their fitness level by reviewing their physical abilities, physical condition, and overall health to ensure all fitness plans are effective and suitable. To lead individual and group sessions with our members. The Personal Trainer will be responsible for ensuring the proper development of fitness member routines, goals, and fitness plans. Supervising the use of gym equipment, assisting, and ensuring the equipment is used safely. Educate gym members about the benefits of personal training and machine use. Bringing in new clientele.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume responsibility of training existing members who are interested in increasing their fitness levels and losing weight.
- Provide members with safe, reasonable exercises that they can perform in the gym.
- Give members ample notice if they need to change appointment times and respond quickly to members who must change their schedule.
- Talk to members about the gym, equipment, safety, and their goals and introduce them to personal training. Influence members to live an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Lead individual and group fitness classes of all ages.
- Demonstrate exercises and routines for members.
- Promote exercises and stretches to minimize injury.
- Create and modify existing exercises according to member fitness levels.
- Monitoring member progress and keeping clients' training records.
- Creating a comfortable and safe environment for all members.
- Providing information or resources on general fitness and health.
- Knowledgeable about gym equipment and teach proper technique.
- Enforce all gym policies and safety rules to reduce accidents or injury to maintain a safe and comfortable environment.
- Provide emergency First Aid when/if necessary.
- Utilize fitness center pool for classes.
- Ensure facility cleanliness is maintained to standards recommended by the CDC and San Diego Health and Human Services.
- Front desk customer service for new and existing customer account set-up and maintenance.
- Clean and organize front desk, including but not limited to paperwork, keys, for sale items, file, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with all people.
- Ability to work in a diverse minority environment.
- Ability to be able to maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a written and oral manner.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience with personal and group training
- Personal Training Certification required.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace (including marijuana) as a condition of employment with the Pala Band of Mission Indians. Must pass pre-employment and random drug testing during employment.
- Indian preference will apply. The Pala Band of Mission Indians will give hiring preference to fully qualified applicants that are Pala Tribal Members. Pala Band of Mission Indians is an equal opportunity employer.
All employees are expected to follow the Tribal Employee Handbook of the Pala Band of Mission Indians and must adhere to any additional applicable addendums.