Starting Pay: $60,000 Annually + Excellent Benefits
The District Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and monitoring the activities of the Territory Service Representatives. The District Manager is also responsible for motivating and training Territory Service Representatives in such a way as to ensure that they reach established sales goals. The District Manager works with TSRs and home center associates to build and maintain a strong supplier-customer relationship in order to promote sales growth. This position requires daily travel involving the use of a company provided vehicle, therefore a good driving history is a must. A commitment to hard work, extended hours and meeting with the job's requirements in order to maintain customer satisfaction is an expectation for this position.
This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by the Regional District Manager which shall include the following:
- Organizes, coordinates, motivates and monitors Territory Service Representatives' activities. Compiles, maintains, and submits reports and records such as overtime, vacation, sick leave, etc. to the Director of Field Operations.
- Initiates and implements plans of action for the growth of sales and service and works with the Director of Field Operations, Regional District Manager, and other office personnel to ensure that the highest level of service and sales are maintained.
- Works closely with the Territory Service Representatives on store resets and displays promoting and enforcing safety policies and procedures.
- Travels to customer locations, work sites, etc., to resolve any customer complaints.
- Conducts interviews alongside the Regional District Manager for vacant positions utilizing the job description as the basis for qualifications required to perform the Territory Service Representative function.
- Performs documented in store evaluations of assigned personnel and maintains this documentation to perform follow-up as well as lead towards positive results.
- Fills in for Territory Service Representatives during vacation, illness, training classes, or any occasion when the Territory Service Representatives cannot service his/her customers.
- Must be willing to travel extensively by company automobile and air. Also, must be willing and able to stay overnight when necessary. Work weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Requires ordinary conversation, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Bend, squat, kneel, twist and reach repetitively.
- Sit, stand, walk for prolonged periods (2 – 6 hours per day), and move about the office and customer facilities as necessary.
- Repetitively lift and carry up to 75 pounds
Prospective candidates for this position must have a keen eye for merchandising and detail, self-motivated, willing to work a flexible schedule and thrive in an environment that requires working independently. Candidates must also be a strong leader that can supervise a team remotely.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Pay: $60,000 Annually
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Other benefits include access to medical, dental, vision, life and disability starting after 90 days