Nurse Practitioner - Renaissance Women's Group
Women’s Health Texas: Devoted to women, committed to excellence. Women’s Health Texas (WHTX) is the largest single specialty group in Central Texas and one of the fastest growing obstetrics and gynecology groups in the state. Initially formed through the partnership of OB/GYN centers in Central Texas, and subsequently partnering with Women’s Health USA to form Women’s Health Texas, our teams are dedicated to providing the highest standard of women’s health care. Through our five key pillars; support, inspiration, appreciation, empowerment and opportunity, which exemplifies our corporate culture, we have gained the reputation for superior clinical programs and service. When you become a member of the WHTX family, you become part of the Care Connects Us network of dedicated health professionals who truly support each other and are committed to the well-being of the women who entrust WHTX with their care. In the healthcare field in Texas there is no better place to grow in your career, achieve your goals, and attain a higher quality of life.
Position: Nurse Practitioner
Employment Type: Full-time (30hrs)
Location: Renaissance Women's Group- 12201 Renfert Way. Austin, Texas 78758
Reports to: Care Center Manager
Purpose: Responsible for administering patient care and treatments. Meet and exceed patient expectations and adhere to established practices while assuring the best possible care for patients.
- Fielding calls from patients within an office when they are seeking medical advice.
- Provides general care, administers prescribed medications, and treats patients according to standards.
- Ensures treatment areas are safe, organized, clean, have well-functioning equipment, and supplies are adequate.
- Records and reports patient’s history and family history.
- Conducts physical examination on patient and records condition.
- Diagnose acute and chronic illnesses.
- Order and/or performs diagnostic tests.
- Educates patients and their family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition, and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Maintains and reviews patient’s records and charts post tests and examination results.
- Reviews lab results and notifies patient of abnormalities and communicates recommended treatment to patient per physician consultation.
- Takes appropriate action for medical and non-medical emergencies occurring within the office.
- Assists with hospital care of patients, including daily rounds, in accordance with policies of the individual Supervising Physician if applicable.
- Promote quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education, & Experience:
- Requires graduate of an accredited mid-level program and licensed as a Nurse Practitioner, Physicians Assistant, or Midwife in the State of Texas.
- Current CPR / Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience.
- Knowledge of professional theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
- Possesses a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to handle high patient volume.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform other physical demands including walking, reaching, bending, and lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- May require ability to climb ladder to retrieve and file patient medical records, and store supplies.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations in a professional manor and maintain confidentiality.