A&P Mechanic – Experienced
Are you passionate about aviation, building something with your hands and working for a dynamic, growing company? Epic Aircraft LLC is a manufacturer of high performance single-engine turboprop aircraft based in Bend, Oregon. Epic Flight Support is the maintenance division of the company. We are seeking enthusiastic, hardworking candidates to join our fun and growing team. The Epic E1000 is the fastest, highest performing, most affordable and comfortable, six-place single-engine turboprop in the world.
As part of Epic Flight Support, the A&P MECHANIC will maintain, repair, and troubleshoot airframe, avionics, engine and propeller systems to ensure aircraft conformance with FAA regulations and our Part 145 Repair Station manual. Will also troubleshoot and determine malfunctioning parts and recommend part changes or adjustments to aircraft specifications to improve performance. Will document and maintain paperwork for maintenance according to regulations. As part of the experimental aviation world, the ideal candidate will be able to understand safety of flight issues and correct items that are not directives from a maintenance manual or safety bulletin. The ideal candidate will quickly prove they are capable of being a lead technician performing routine maintenance tasks on Epic LT and E1000 Aircraft.
Normal Operating Hours 7:30-4:00. (Overtime & Occasional travel may be necessary. Development of 2nd evening shift coming soon.)
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair/replace aircraft systems
- Troubleshoot and correct discrepancies
- Recommend part changes or adjustments to aircraft specifications
- Document and maintain paperwork for maintenance
- Other duties as assigned or required
What You Bring to the Team (Requirements):
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- 3-5 years' experience preferred but not required
- Experience with Pratt and Whitney PT6A engines preferred but not required
- Avionics experience highly desirable
- Inspection Authorization a plus
- Experience with Composite Materials is a plus
- Able to work autonomously
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work well with a team
- A "can-do", teachable attitude to help any person on the team with any task
- Professional appearance and excellent customer service skills;
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions and fill out paperwork as needed
- Physically able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Physically able to bend, twist, and fit in tight and/or uncomfortable places
- Must be Authorized to work in the U.S. for Any Employer without Sponsorship now or in the Future
- Three Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Seven Paid Holidays
- 100% paid health, vision and dental benefits for employees
- 401K retirement plan with 3% matching program
- Pay Increases Based on Performance
- Advancement opportunities
- Friendly team environment
- Fun company events!
- Live and work in Beautiful Bend, Oregon: https://www.visitbend.com/