We are currently looking for a highly driven individual to join the team in our Evansville, IN location. The Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees by identifying hazards, improving conditions, and executing various safety programs. This role will involve a high degree of autonomy and requires superior organizational skills that help in driving continuous improvement surrounding safety.
The Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Working with management and field personnel to ensure compliance with Federal, State, local, company and customer regulations.
- Conducting company specific and customer related safety training.
- Conducting field safety audits, and incident investigations as necessary
- Preparing required documentation such as incident reports
- Working with Safety Director for site specific improvements to safety
- Performing sampling, cleaning and other technical activities.
- Work with General Manager and Project Managers for site evaluations for current and prospective customers.
- Serve as liaison for C&K safety and customer safety
- Make regularly scheduled visits to jobsites and perform thorough walkthroughs.
- Evaluating, recommending, and ensuring the availability of safety equipment.
- Keeping records and preparing reports for the Company and customers.
- Availability for after-hours/weekend and emergency response work as needed.
Candidates should possess the following for consideration:
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Associate degree in EH&S or related field or equivalent experience with minimum of 3 years in transportation, industrial, construction and/or waste services. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- OSHA 510/511 and 500/501 certifications a plus.
- Proficiency in using computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook) to record, analyzes, report and share information.
- Understanding of OSHA regulations. Additional understanding of DOT regulations helpful.
Insurance programs including (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Group Term Life Insurance
Paid Holidays and vacation
401K Program with employer match