Access Center Representative (CM)
Hope – Empowerment – Purpose
Make A Difference!
Cobb County Community Services Board offers a generous benefits package for full time employees, which includes employee Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO); Health, Dental, Vision, Legal, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness (AFLAC), Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account.
JOB TITLE: Access Center Representative
PROGRAM: Quality Management
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Access Center Representative will manage large amounts of inbound calls in a timely manner. This position is responsible for all indirect/ direct service in accordance with the needs of the agency. The Access Center Representative also ensures the agency provides quality services and complies with agency, state and federal guide lines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility #1 - Inbound Calls - 85% of time
- Answers phone calls professionally and courteously in a timely manner.
- Assist and respond to the caller's needs.
- Respond to client, staff, and third party inquiries by phone.
- Follows departmental protocols relating to scheduling appointments.
- Responsibility #2 - Quality Assurance - 10% of time
- Implements process improvement to engage and inform clients, public, and staff.
- Assist in training co-staff in areas relating to service specialties as needed.
- Responsibility # 3- General Responsibilities - 5% of time
- Maintains confidentiality for all indirect / direct service in accordance with agency policies, HIPAA policies and confidentiality laws.
- Maintains clinical records in accordance with agency policies.
- Ensures timely completion of agency required trainings/workshops.
- Completes other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs):
- Staff will have no more than 1 incidence of creating a duplicate chart in a 12 month period.
- The average call time should be 3-5 minutes over a 12 month period.
- The longest talk time for each call should not exceed IS minutes per caller 100%of the time.
- The monthly call abandonment rate will not exceed 5% over a 12 month period.
- 99% accurate on entering information in EMR.
- Each representative will receive no more than 2 complaints in a 12 month period related to their customer service.
- 100%of required trainings will be completed within specified time frames.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of community behavioral health and state and federal guidelines to provide services.
- Understanding of customer service principles and practices for inbound and outbound calls.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
- Understanding of HIPAA and confidentiality practices when communicating with callers and collecting personal identifying information over the phone/electronically.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong typing and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time to complete assignments within set deadlines.
- Ability to interpret guidelines and apply to communicating with callers and providing information.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail when completing multiple assignments.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and effectively provide/ receive pertinent information.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes in job assignments and other duties as needed to meet the needs of the agency's strategic plans.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Frequent typing.
- Frequent reading.
- Occasional driving from location to location.
- Mostly office/facility/call center based.
- Education - High School Diploma/ GED.
- Licensure/Certification – N/A
- Experience - Minimum one (1) year of experience in the Administrative/ Clerical/ Customer Service field.
- Other - Criminal background check, official academic transcripts, Drug scree n, TB test, valid GA license or identification card.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience - Experience in medical office setting and familiar with medical/clinical terminology. Type 30+ wpm and able to simultaneously use telephone and computer to obtain/provide information. Customer Service with inbound and outbound calls.
SALARY CLASSIFICATION AND/OR RANGE OF SALARY:
Dependent on education and experience.