Food Service (On Call)
Lawrence Family Development is currently looking for Food Service staff. This person reports to the Director of Nutritional Services and will serve students attractive, nutritious meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness and warmth.
RESPONSIBLE TO MAINTAIN KITCHEN OPERATIONS by:
- Maintaining serving stations and kitchen prep areas.
- Utilizing a team approach.
- Reporting problems and concerns to Supervisor.
- Cleaning and sanitizing in a safe manner.
- Maintaining stockrooms and rotating stock.
- Following kitchen procedures.
RESPONSIBLE FOR PREPARATION OF FOOD by:
- Preparing food according to menu and standard recipes
- Making production adjustments
- Presenting food in a manner which enhances final product.
- Determine finished product is the best quality.
- Verifying portion sizes.
RESPONSIBLE TO SERVE STUDENTS AND STAFF by:
- Maintaining serving line.
- Maintaining daily tracking.
- Submitting information in a timely manner.
- Serving proper portion sizes.
- Interacting with a positive manner demeanor.
RESPONSIBLE TO PREPARE REPORTS FOR SUPERVISOR by:
- Maintaining accurate daily production records.
- Maintaining accurate monthly inventory reports.
- Submitting information and required reports in a timely manner.
DEMONSTRATE ABILITY TO MAINTAIN PROFESSIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT by:
- Use of effective communication and support of School Lunch Supervisor.
- Maintains cooperative and respectful interactions with Foods Service staff.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding security, reports, plans, programs, etc.
- Participation in Professional Development provided by LFDCS.
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments in procedures, techniques, nutrition, equipment, and supplies.
- Performing other responsibilities related to school nutrition, health and
- wellness, as necessary.
- Handling crises appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the methods and procedures involved in the preparing and serving of meals in a cafeteria.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow oral and written directives.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills
- Possess ability to do heavy lifting (not to exceed 40 lbs).
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits.