INDUSTRIAL TECHNICIAN - CDL B
C&K Industrial Services is seeking Industrial Technicians with a CDL class B license for work out of our Cleveland, Ohio office. Starting rate of pay $21.00 increase to $21.50 after 90-days. This is a full time position and requires minimal travel outside the local area. C&K owns and operates an extensive fleet of vacuum trucks, combination vehicles, water blasters plus more. The vacuum trucks have positive displacement vacuum pumps capable of generating negative pressure up to 27" Hg with airflow of up to 6,000 CFM. These pumps are used to carry a multitude of dense or light material extreme distance into the truck, ready for transport to the disposal site. Our Industrial Technicians will be responsible for performing driving duties associated with jobs related to Industrial facility shutdowns, emergency response, site remediation and Industrial tank cleanings and more.
- Valid CDL License, good driving record and ability to obtain and maintain a valid DOT medical card.
- Industrial Technicians will provide help with site work to include, but are not limited to, hydroblasting chemical cleaning, vacuum and sewer truck operating, tank cleaning, and other work assignments.
- Load hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned jobs. Hook up and break down hoses using proper tools.
- Perform work under the direct guidance of a Supervisor or Foreman involving the remediation of cleanup regarding waste and materials.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Startup, monitor, and shutdown equipment in accordance with applicable safety and environmental practices and policies
- Completes visual and daily safety inspection of equipment to ensure safe operations and communicate potential repair issues to shop manager (DVIR)
- Operates equipment safely and efficiently to limit downtime and minimize costs
- Performs routine maintenance such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
- Set up jobsite and use equipment such as, water blast gun, water lance, dry vacuum hose, wet vacuum hose, shovels and picks.
- Ability to work under adverse conditions (heat & cold)
- Physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary and lift > 50lbs routinely
- Accountability and punctuality
- Preforms other, related tasks as assigned
C&K has a diverse customer base with a variety of work for those interested in growth opportunities. We offer benefits that includes life insurance, paid time off, 401k with employer match, Medical, Dental/vision, plus more. We offer competitive starting wages with increases after 90-days and pay incentives are available for those who wish to continue to learn in the industry. We provide our employees a wide variety of safety and industrial trainings with certifications.
Before proceeding through the full application process, C&K Industrial Services requires that all CDL job candidates register for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA) Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse. https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/register